Thursday, April 29, 2010

Bad, Bad, Coon Dog!!

You see this sweet and innocent looking coon dog. This was last year when he was still a puppy. He has now grown up into a not so sweet and innocent coon dog. I'm so upset with him that I didn't even take a picture of him now.



He stays tied up all the time since he is a coon dog and likes to run off hunting things. We always make Colton let him loose for awhile every afternoon when he comes home from school. Well yesterday Smokey was loose and we were getting ready to leave for ball practice and Colton couldn't find him to tie him up. We were of course running behind so I told him just leave him loose and I will tie him when I get back home. Well I wasn't gone but about thirty minutes and Smokey got into a lot of trouble in a short amount of time.
When I pulled into the driveway I seen him chewing on something. He had killed a guinea. I walked around the corner of the house and there were two other dead guineas. I was very upset. I must confess, I have wanted these things gone for awhile. I told Travis to kill them many, many times. I myself was running around the yard at 6:30 Sunday morning in bathrobe, toting my bb gun and popping the annoying creatures that decided to give us a wake up call under our bedroom window. Even though they were loud and extremely obnoxious I didn't want the dog killing them. Now I'm worried about letting my chickens out.
I guess Smokey had enough of the noise too. Now we are down to three guineas. Maybe three will be quiter.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm sorry your dog is acting up, but I had to lol about the bath robe and bb gun part.

Brenda said...

UhOh! You'll probably have to watch him around the chickens too. Killing poultry is a bad habit for a dog to get into.

OurCrazyFarm said...

What a naughty dog! Our coon dog killed 2 of our kittens last year to Graces horror. He has since found a new home, and I have to say, I really don't miss him too bad. I'm laughing here too about you running around in your PJ's with the BB gun:)))))

Unknown said...

I am sorry about what he did. However, I sure have a mental image of you running around in the robe with the BB gun. (I thought you were scared of your neighbors?)I am sure you got that from your father!!!!

I sure hope 3 of them are quieter for you and go up in the field and do there job now. If not you always have the trusty BB gun!!

Nancy M. said...

I hope he doesn't get your chickens either. Just be careful with letting him loose now.

My guineas know when I am trying to take a nap, cause they come and holler at my window every time!

Nancy M. said...

I tagged your for a photo tag on my blog if you'd like to participate.

Related Posts with Thumbnails