Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Wind's A Roarin'


It's official we have a worst winter than Anchorage, Alaska. Not sure if its true but they said so on our news last night. Blacksburg VA has recieved 48" of snow so far this year. Which means we have seen more than that here in Willis because we always have more snow here. On top of all the snow we have recieved now the wind is blowing fearlessly. It looks like a complete whiteout at times. I'm so very thankful that our power has not went out yet and pray that it doesn't. We just purchased a beef and have our freezer stocked full so I don't want to lose power.


I told Travis that this winter reminded me of the ones on Little House In The Prairie. My kids will have to go to school all summer if this keeps up. We still have the rest of Febuary and all of March left. They only went to school one day last week and it looks like they will be out everyday this week. I've lost count at how many days they have missed but it has to be in the
20's. They've only had one full week since the start of 2010.
They have a little fun in the snow. When they can stand to stay outside in the freezing cold. Travis was off on Tuesday and him and the kids made a snow fort. The kids loved it. It's really neat and pretty warm in there it really blocks the wind.
Colton was packing snow in the holes. Cody had to supervise operations.
Emma's job was to stomp the snow to pack it down. This reminds me of stomping grapes for wine except its snow and she's not barefoot.


My camera battery died before it was finished. They added another row on top and cut a door out. I will try to remember to take a picture of the finished fort. They really had fun building this. It looks like it will be around until June!








4 comments:

Unknown said...

That is awesome!!! I am soooo impressed!! Don't worry about the high electric bills....you can live in an igloo!!! I love it!!

Nancy M. said...

Wow! That is so cool! I know, hopefully one day it will really stop snowing! I've heard that not many kids in the mountains have been going to school, either.

OurCrazyFarm said...

What a great fort! I am going to have to go build one with the kids!

Mandie said...

Wow what a fort! That looks so fun. We haven't had near that much snow and I am so ready for spring. So far my girls have missed 7 full days of school they will have to make up. Yeash! Happy Winter!

Related Posts with Thumbnails