Friday, August 15, 2008

The Big Day is Almost Here:(

I'm still here. No I haven't been out of the country all summer, just hanging around in VA. I just really haven't felt like blogging much. We have been kind of busy. We've went to the lake with my parents a few times and camping once. But mostly I have been busy gardening. I have made tons of pickles. I made sweet pickle spears, cucumber sandwich pickles, pickle relish and zucchini pickles. Speaking of zucchini, this was my first year planting it and all I can say is WOW. We had enough zucchini for an army and a half. I tried giving it away and it seems you can't give the stuff away. So I made some pickles and froze some, I shredded and froze some for zucchini bread and we ate alot. But you kind of get tired of it after a while. I also picked lots of blueberries from my mom and dads and froze some and made some jam.

So the rest of the garden hasn't done as well as the cucumbers and zucchini and squash. We have tons of tomatoes, but they are still just as green as can be. I really hope they ripen soon because I really want to make some more salsa. It was soooo good. Our corn is looking hopeful but still kind of weak, I hope we have some, last year what we did have got ate up by bugs, hope that doesn't happen again. Our green beans were not good at all. I'm not sure what kind they were, but they were tough and had no flavor and I even tried to pick them before they got too big.

Every year the garden is a learning experience and I'm trying to figure it out each year. Next year my garden is going to Rock. Well it kind of does Rock now....lots of ROCKS.

So I've been really sad this week. I think I've mentioned this once or twice or five hundred times, but my baby starts kindergarten this year, and the big day is only 6 days away. I'm trying to stay strong for her sake, she is so excited. But it is so hard. I have been at home with her since she was born and I'm not going to know what to do without her. I didn't have as hard of a time with Colton, because I still had Emma, but now I don't have a baby at all.

Don't get me wrong, there has been days this summer that I can't wait for school to start. Especially when I here "Mommy, Colton pulled my hair, and stuck his tongue out at me." or "Mommy, Emma pinched me" or "Mommy, Colton called me stupid." Yeah that gets very annoying. Maybe I will like the house all too myself. Wow I want know what to do.

Emma has gotten really bad a tattling here lately. At their school the kindergarteners have to wear a tail pinned on their backside if they tattle. So I have a feeling my little girl may be wearing the tattletail a lot. Hopefully not. I'm just praying we have a good school year.

Pray for me as the big day arrives, that I stay strong and remember they all have to grow up and she will love school.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails