Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My First Blog Award!!!!

I'm so HAPPY today! Ourgangof7 gave me my very first blog award. I'm so very excited! Thank you so much!! Go over and check out her blog and hear the stories about raising 7 kids!




Now I'm supposed to list 10 things that make me happy. Let's see if I can do this.



1. My wonderful, hard working husband. If you know him you know he has a great sense of humor and is always joking and picking on everyone. Even though sometimes he doesn't know when to stop the picking, I defiantly miss it when he's not around. He such a great guy and I'm incredibly lucky to be married to him.


2. When Emma sings. She got a MP3 player for Christmas and my mom put a bunch of older country music songs on it for her. All the songs that I loved as a kid and still do. Her favorite song is "Swinging". Its so funny to hear her sing it at the top of her lungs when she thinks no one is listening. She really has a beautiful voice.


3. Colton's smile. He is such a sweet, cute boy with the biggest heart. I pray that he always stays this way. He is nice to everyone and wants to make everyone happy. I love to see his big smile. He is always smiling:)


4. Hanging out with my mom. We have so much fun together and laugh all the time. We spent the day together last Saturday and had a blast shopping and antiqueing. Everytime we are together one of us says at least once "I think I'm going to pee my pants", from laughing so hard. I'm so blessed to have such a great relationship with my mom!


5. My beautiful niece. She spent the day with me yesterday and we had a great time. She is fifteen now, its so hard to believe. She will be grown up before you know it. I pray that she stays as smart and wise as she is right now and always makes good decisions.


6. My chickens make me so happy. I have let them out the past couple of days and its so funny to watch them run around the yard and eat bugs. They also gave me eight eggs yesterday, the most for one day ever. I hope the keep it up.


7. Hanging clothes on the line on a pretty, sunny day. It was sunny yesterday and hung clothes out but it was too windy and they blew off. But it helped my mood so much just to get out there and hang them up. I love how clothes look hanging on the line.


8. My dogs Chi-chi and Cody. Chi-chi is our little Mt. Fiest that we got last year. She is so cute and spoiled rotten. We don't keep them inside, but everytime you open the door she runs in and lays on the floor in front of the wood stove. She knows if she is real quiet and lays still we will let her stay in for a little while. Cody is our Golden Retriever, he's 12 years old and he acts like Chi-chi's daddy. It's so cute to look out and see Chi-chi sitting on top of Cody's back or under his neck with his legs around her like he's hugging her. They are such sweet dogs.


9. Family. I am really blessed to have such a wonderful family and my husband's family. We spend lots of time with our families and are really happy to have them all in our life.


10. A quiet day. My kids were out of school for semester break Monday and Tuesday. I had them and the three kids that I babysit after school here for two days. It was loud, and very busy. I felt like all I did was cook and wash dishes all day. Today they went back to school and its sooo quiet. I just sat here this morning and basked in the peace and quietness!!!!



Now I get to pass this wonderful award on to some of my favorite blogs. This is very hard because I love so many, this is just a few of my favs!! In no particular order.



Sunny Morning Farm this is one of my favorites because it is written by one of my favorite people, my mommy. Trust me you will love her blog. She's a total nut and very creative and she talks about me alot what more could you want.


Fonville Farm this is my sisters blog. Now that she has moved far, far away to Georgia this is one way I can keep up with her exciting life. She is expecting a baby so check it out often for baby updates.



Vintage Rose I just discovered her blog last week and have checked it out everyday since. Its so cute and her daughter is absolutely precious. I love how she lives so simply and for the Lord.



Our Crazy Farm Terry is so funny and has such a cute blog. I love hearing about all of her kids, goats and horses. She has a very busy life and seems to have so much fun.


Coffeteabooksandme I love reading this blog. She has such good post on stocking a pantry. I like her book reviews too.



Lovin Country Livin Amanda is such a good Christian lady and her blog is so uplifting. I have known her for years and she is exactly like you see on her blog.


More than Survival, Choosing a Simple Life I love going to this blog. I have learned a lot about simple living from Heather. I love when she posts because it always seems to apply to my life.



Granny's Best I have just discovered this blog and I really enjoy reading about all of her goats and seeing all the pictures of them.


PlainandJoyfulliving I love reading her stories about their journey to simple living and seeing the craft projects that she does with her kids.



And last but no least is


Nancy of Southern Blessings. She always leaves the nicest comments on my blog. I love reading her stories about her children and her chickens.



Please go and check out all of these ladies blogs I hope you like them as much as I do! It was really hard to decide which blogs that I wanted to pass this award too. This is just a few that make me really happy!



5 comments:

OurCrazyFarm said...

You made my day! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Terri

Tonya Gunn said...

Thank you for including our family's blog. I am happy to have found your blog and to read more about your family.
Warm wishes.

Vintage Rose said...

Thankyou Leslie for including my blog!
I do enjoy reading your blog.
Blessings to you and yours.
Melissa

Nancy M. said...

Thank you so much! I am very honored! I love visiting you too!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your award!
You have such a nice list of happy things.
Thanks for the visit and comment.
Have a great day.
Pam

Related Posts with Thumbnails