Thursday, January 15, 2009

Do you ever have those evenings when its already after 6:00 and you haven't even began to think about supper? Well I did today. We got a late start on homework and it took awhile and time got away from me. At 6:15 I had both kids whining, "Mommy, whats for supper?" I had no clue what to make and I even went to the grocery store this morning, so I had plenty of food just no ideas.

Travis has started this new diet, he's lifting weights and working out more. Trying to get in better shape. The diet he's on he has to eat 6 meals a day with lots of protein and fruits and veggies, less carbs, and sweets. I'm not on a diet, because I have decided not to say the word diet because I feel to restricted, but I'm just eating less, more healthy stuff, and exercising more. I'm also drinking tons of water.

Anyway, Travis was at work, so I didn't have to cook so healthy. I went to one of my quick, easy, and cheap go to meals. I think the recipe came from sister when she was in home ec. We have cooked it for years and its good and easy.

Mexican Straw Hats:
Bologna
Mashed Potatoes
cheese slices

These are so simple. Just put out bologna on a cookie sheet, how many pieces you need. I used 6 pieces. Mix up some instant mashed potatoes, I made 1 1/2 cups or you could use leftover mashed potatoes. Put a scoop of mashed potatoes on top of bologna, then cheese on top of potatoes. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 5 minutes or until the cheese melts.

Okay this is not the healthiest meal, but its actually really good. It doesn't really sound it but it is. It didn't take but 15 minutes from start to finish to get this meal on the table. I added green beans and canned peaches for dessert and iced tea for drink. Quick, easy, and frugal!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails