Monday, January 5, 2009

TGIM-Thank God It's Monday
Bet you never heard anyone say that before! But today my kids went back to school after Christmas break. I love when my kids are home, but after being off for two weeks, I was more than ready to have them go back to school. Christmas break is different than summer break, because they don't get to go outside and play as much, because its too cold. They got on each others nerves so bad all they did was fight and fuss. They defiantly needed to get back into their normal routine. Me too.
Last week Travis was home and we started painting our dining room. We painted over the dark paneling that was in there. We painted bone white and it looks so much better it made it so much brighter. I am planning on finishing the other walls today. They shouldn't be as hard to paint as the paneling was. It was a real job. We have plans to paint most of the walls in our home. We are going to paint our dark kitchen cabinets white and put new knobs and hinges on them to brighten up our kitchen. We also want to paint our living room walls, not sure what color yet.
We have been married for nine years and I have never really took any initative to decorate and make our house nicer and more homey. I guess I've always thought I didn't want to put too much into it, because we want to add on sometime. I thought we would have been able to add on sooner, but now I am content with not being able to have a bigger home. Our home is very small. Two bedrooms and one bathroom, living room, kitchen, dining room, and laundry room. I would love to have a larger home. But I am learning to be content and thankful for what we have. We are lucky to have a home and 10 acres of land. There are many people out there that would love to own their own home. So we might get on each others nerves, and we may not have too much privacy, but at least we have a home. You know what they say- Love grows in small houses.
I know that eventually we will either be able to add on to this home or build a new home. But now I'm trying to make this home a better place for us. We will have what we want in time, but for now we will make do with what we do have. So I'm going to start decorating. I'm wanting a primitive country theme. We remodeled our bathroom a few years ago and did it in a primitive americana theme and I really love it. I'm getting excited about decorating our whole house and know that I will have to do it one step at a time to not spend to much money. So enough babbling on I need to get busy painting. Wish me luck on my decorating.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails