Thursday, January 29, 2009

Let's Pray for our Country

We all need to pray for our country and economy. It's really starting to hit around our area. I just watched the local news and they told about four companies in our area that are laying off. The Volvo truck plant is one of the largest employers in our area and they laid off hundreds last year, I know several people that lost their jobs and they just announced they are laying off 650 more people, permanently.

It's getting really scary. I really don't know what people will do. Every job around here is affected and no one is hiring. I just pray that Travis' job does not get affected. He works for Yokohama Tire Corp. So far they are doing good. They have been asking people if they want to leave work a couple hours early and limiting overtime. I just pray that works. His job is really good. He makes more money there than any other job around, without a college degree and has great benefits. But we are lucky because he works two jobs. He does construction for a local restaurant chain. He works for them two days a week and is very blessed that they would take him back full time if he was laid off. So far this restaurant is still doing great, I hope that continues.

The one thing that I do know during this tough economy is that no man can fix it. I know a lot of people think that President Obama is going to make everything better. Like he can wave some magic wand and things will be back to booming like before. I think we got ourselves into this mess by always being a society that wants more, more and more. When gas prices and expenses started going up people cut back, which has a domino effect on everything. From the auto industry to Starbucks. Plus the banking industry that always gave credit to everyone, until they ran out of money. Now they are going to pass another economic stimulus bill, which could possibly help. I just wonder where are they getting this money from. I'm afraid we are just digging a bigger hole that we will still be in when my future grandchildren are grown ups.

The only thing we can do is PRAY and trust the Lord. He will get us through it. He is in control, not Barack Obama.

Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord, the Lord is my strength and my song he has become my salvation. Isaiah 12:2 (NIV)

Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done, and proclaim that his name is exalted. Sing to the Lord, for he has done glorious things; let this be known to all the world. Isaiah 12:4-5 (NIV)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails