Monday, April 20, 2009

Busy Weekend!!!!

Wow it was a busy weekend! The weather was beautiful on Saturday. I attempted to mow the yard for the first time this year, but it was not very fun. Travis had pumped up the tires and checked the oil and all that good stuff on Friday. But when I went out to mow it had a flat again. Well I pumped it up and started mowing. It kept going flat, I had to pump it five times and didn't get but half of the yard mowed. We really have too much yard to mow. Travis said if we had a better mower it wouldn't seem as big, but I still think its too big! So I have to get an innertube this week so he can fix the tire and I can finish mowing, by that time it will be ready to mow the rest again.

Colton had his first coach pitch baseball game Saturday afternoon. He did really good. I was worried because he has such a hard time hitting the ball in practice. But he hit the ball both times he was up at his game on Saturday and got a run. Yesterday he struck out once, but got a run the second time he was up. They won their game on Saturday by one point, but lost on Sunday by a lot, didn't even find out that score.

I really seen how much some people get into sports. I think its ridiculous how parents take it so seriously. The kids just want to have fun and the parents are up screaming at them. I honestly think neither one of my kids will be a pro ball player, so I just want them to get out there and have some fun and learn sportsmanship and how to work with a team. I think some people think there kids are defiantly going to be the next Babe Ruth or something. I hope I never turn into one of those parents. Of course I don't want it to be unfair, but come on people its Little League for petes sake!

I was really hoping to get my garden planted this weekend, but it didn't happen. Today it's raining again, so I'm not sure when its going to happen. I still have to finish getting it cleaned up and tilled before I can plant it, but it will get done! There just isn't enough hours in the day!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!!!!!

1 comment:

Jen's Farmily said...

I watch my siblings play sports and I get a little over-excited sometimes. I can't imagine if I was watching my own kid!!

We've been trying to till our garden now (for the third and final time) for three weeks now but the rain has prevented that! It's supposed to be in the 80s around here for the next couple of days though, so hopefully we'll get SOMETHING started!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails