Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Ebay update!!

So all the items that I had on Ebay officially finished yesterday! I can't believe that I made $93.00 after shipping cost, just on stuff that we have outgrown or no longer wear. This time it was all clothes and shoes, next time maybe different stuff.

I learned quite a few things from this experience. First thing don't have too many things ending on the same day, it gets kind of confusing keeping up with who gets what. I have this bad fear that I'm going to send someone the wrong thing. Second when using shipping calculator be sure to put just a little more than what the scales weigh the package at. I had a couple that I took to the post office and they weighed more than my bathroom scales said. Third when making a shipping label if you use parcel post you can't use the free boxes that come from ebay and you have to put thick envelope/package, not large package or you will have a very high shipping charge. I freaked out when the first shipping label I printed was for $24.00 and the customer only paid $12.00 and I didn't realize it until I had already printed my label and was charged on my paypal account. I was able to go and void that label and the money will be credited back to my account in 15-20 days. I guess live and learn right!

Anyway my first major selling experience on ebay was overall a good one. I will still find things to sale all along. Not only to make extra money, but to reduce the clutter.

Hope you all are having a good week!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails