Thursday, July 23, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!!!

Well tomorrow is my official birthday!! I will be 28. Wow I can't believe it. I'm almost 30...yikes. I feel old.

But anyway, we went out with my in-laws last night to celebrate. We have a tradition of going to Red Lobster to celebrate any birthday in our family. It's really nice that they take us out for a meal there every few months because we could never afford to eat there on our own. Thanks Becky and Lloyd it was delicious as usual!!!

They also gave me $100 and a very cute VA Tech shirt. So after we ate we went and looked at exercise bikes. I have been wanting one for awhile. I really need to get in shape. I would have liked to have a treadmill instead but they are all so large and we didn't want something to take up too much room. So we ended up getting a really nice bike at Play it Again Sports. We looked at new ones at Dick's Sporting Goods and they were more expensive and not as good quality. The one I ended up with is a Vision Fitness E3100. It is used, but you can tell very little. We got it for $250 and they retail for $800-1200 now. It's a really nice bike and very quiet, you can't even hear it.

I used it for 15 minutes last night and felt like I was dying. I only burned 50 of the 50,000 calories that I ate at Red Lobster:( Then I got up this morning at 6:30 and used it for 10 minutes. My legs were a little sore from last night and I didn't want to get so sore that I couldn't walk. I hope to be able to use it twice a day for about 30 minutes each time. I'm really excited about it and hope that I can stay dedicated to it.

I need to make some lifestyle changes. I want to get the weight off of me before I hit 30 because I know its much harder the older you get. Not that 30 is old, but I just want to get in shape before I'm 30. I need to change my eating habits and the whole families. We need to cut back on the sugar and white flour and processed foods. I want to go one step at a time so we don't totally get burned out and sick of it. I'm not saying diet though. I just want to be healthy!!!

1 comment:

Nancy M. said...

Happy Birthday!!! I love going to Red Lobster whenever I can too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails