Wednesday, October 14, 2009

H1N1 Vaccine!

Yesterday my kids came home with papers about the h1n1 vaccine. They are giving these at school for free. I read over all the info that came with it and decided to go ahead and let my kids get it. I sent the papers back today. They are planned for sometime next week.

Now I'm really not sure. I was on Facebook and a lot of people were saying they weren't going to allow their kids to get it because of all the side effects. I'm just really confused now. My kids have always been very healthy other than Emma has had two asthma attacks that she had to use a breathing machine for. But other than that she has only had two ear infections and Colton has only had strep throat once. They haven't been on a lot of antibiotics or anything. They've never had a regular flu shot either.

I want to know what do you all think? I just keep thinking, what if they ended up catching the virus and getting deathly ill, how would I ever live with myself if I didn't get them the vaccine. Then I also wonder if this is just a government ploy to scare people and if the news is making it seem much worse than it really is. I asked our doctor about it a couple months ago and all he could say was he recommended the regular one and wasn't sure about the H1n1.

I know this is never any easy decision and people are so mixed on their believes of any vaccines. My kids have had every recommended vaccine and are perfectly healthy. Now I'm just not sure.


Rebecca of Sunny Morning Farm said...

I dunno either! It's a hard call. Maybe you better leave it up to your doctor esp in Emma's case!

Amanda said...

dI don't know what to tell you. I can't decide if I'm going to take it or not myself. Seems like the H1N1 fact sheet (for the immunization not the flu mist) that was sent home with the kids said something about what is recommended if your child has asthma. I left my copy at school and I can't remember what it said. Sorry, I'm no help at all.

Nancy M. said...

It is a hard decision! I know how you feel! I think I have decided not to get it for any of my family. I am worried about the side effects. My kids don't go to school, if they did I might let them get it.

Michelle said...

First, I would like to thank you so much for stopping by my blog. Second, I know the contra-indications and possible side effects can be so scary especially for parents who are considering this vaccine for children. I think you should talk to your pediatrician. He or she can take all the childrens' medical history into account and help you make the best decision for your family! I wish you the best with this. Keep us updated on your decision!

Related Posts with Thumbnails