Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Pear Preserves!!


A few weeks ago we went with my parents to pick pears at one of my dads friends house. The kids really had a lot of fun. The pear tree was way back in this cow field that we had to drive the truck through and open several gates. The kids loved it because we let them ride on the back of the truck through the field. I guess it was the first time they ever rode the back of a truck. They loved it. We could hear them giggling the whole time.


I was pretty impressed with my dad. He acted like he was fifteen climbing up that big ladder to pick the pears. Me and my mom stood at the bottom saying, "Don't you fall and get hurt." But no one got hurt, Thank God, and we ended up with lots of pears.


The pears weren't ready yet so mom and dad put them in there cellar to get ripe. I went to get some yesterday and they were starting to go bad. I got a little over half a five gallon bucket full.

Anyway I made some pear preserves and ended up with 6 pints and two quart bags of pears for the freezer. My preserves taste really good, but are a little bit runny. I'm not sure why I followed all the directions. But they will be okay.



1 comment:

Paula said...

Yummm- those preserves sound wonderful!!! I've never tried pear preserves...
I made some apple butter last week, and I'm going to try to make a batch of pumpkin butter this weekend! (try is the key word...)

Related Posts with Thumbnails