Thursday, August 27, 2009

Mountain Lake Trip!

We got back from Mt. Lake today and yes, Amanda, I did have the time of my life. Like that old Dirty Dancing song says.

It was a very nice and relaxing night away with my hubby. The food was good and our cabin was great. Of course I left my camera at home. We didn't realize until we got there, I thought he got it, he thought I got it. The gift shop was sold out of disposable cameras too.

It was so fun to go to a place and look around and say thats just like the movie. It's very sad though because the lake is almost completely dried up. Last year it was completely dry now it is two thirds full but still looks very bad.

We tried Mt biking yesterday afternoon. That was a joke. First of all I haven't been on a bicycle since I was about 12 and so I was scared too death. I almost wrecked a couple of times. But it was very hard and it was hot and way up in the mountains so it was very hilly. We only rode for about 15 minutes and I told Travis if he was wanting any romance from me later on we better quit, because I was about to die. I'm incredibly out of shape, but I think the altitude had something to do with it too, it was so hard to breath. We walked around the lake and sat on the
porch of our cabin and relaxed. It was so nice to just relax and enjoy each others company.

I got two shirts one of them says "Nobody puts Baby in the corner". I had to have it because that is my favorite line in the movie. We had a great time and hope to make this a yearly anniversary tradition:)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Yay. I'm glad you had a great time!

Related Posts with Thumbnails