Saturday, August 8, 2009

School Shopping...Ugh

Yesterday my mom and I took the kids school shopping. It is tax free weekend here in VA so I decided to take advantage of that this year. Overall it wasn't terribly crowded. I just get so aggrevated with the amount of stuff that we have to buy for back to school. Colton didn't need near as much as Emma. They need things like 10 glue sticks, 3 bottles of glue, a red, blue, and yellow three prong folder with two pockets in plastic (Walmart does not have these). You have to get only Crayola brand crayons and markers and only Elmers glue. Come on does it matter that much which brand of crayon it is.

I understand how hard it is for teachers and I think they need all the help they can get. But where is our tax dollars going. I mean we have to supply tissues, soap and paper towels for the classes. I think we should just pay $20 or so at the beginning of the year and they get exactly the right amount of things that is needed. I felt like I was on a wild goose chase in Wal Mart trying to find some of these things.

We went to the outlet stores that aren't far from our house. There are only a few stores still there. I got the kids new shoes from the Reebok outlet for under $30 for two pairs. They were so excited to get brand new tennis shoes, because they only get new ones for back to school, unless they grow out of them sooner. I like a good quality shoe that will last a long time, but don't want to pay a fortune for them.

I also treated myself. We went to the Kitchen Collection store. I love that store or any kitchen store for that matter. I got me a new Kitchen Aid mixer. No its not the big fancy stand ones that I drool over everytime I see them. I would love to have one but not enough room or money for it. I got the 7 speed hand mixer. I think I will really love it. My mom has both the Kitchen Aid stand and hand mixer and loves both of them.

I have to go now and find something to make so I can use my new mixer...YAY!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails