Thursday, February 12, 2009

Frugal Valentines Day!!



My husband has to work every weekend, even Valentine's Day. His day off is Wednesday's, so we usually go to town if we need to or just spend some time together. Well this Wednesday we had to go to town for a few things and decided we would eat at Texas Steakhouse for Valentine's Day. On the way over he asked if I was going to get him a card or anything. I said I hadn't planned on it because money is tight. He said well there is no need in wasting money on cards we will just go to WalMart and read them to each other.

How frugal is that. We had lunch because it's cheaper than dinner and we read cards to each other at Walmart. Actually we went to KMart instead and we looked at the cards and they were too picked over anyway, good thing we wasn't buying them.

I thought that was so funny! So if you can't afford a card for your honey this year just go to the store and read them to each other. You can't get more romantic than that....LOL! He cracks me up!!

2 comments:

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

How funny and fun! It's the thought that counts..right? {: Thanks for stopping by my blog! Blessings,Kathleen

Marlos ACE said...

I love that "card reading" idea!! They are so fun to read!! have a great day!

Related Posts with Thumbnails