Monday, February 23, 2009

My idea for new school hours!!!!

Dear School System,

I have a request. I'm the mother of two children a kindergartener and second grader. Today school was two hours late. I'm assuming for the cold weather. I request that, that be the normal time for school. What does two hours mean anyway? My morning went so smooth, both kids slept until 7:30. They got out of the beds with no complaints at all, even smiles on their faces. They sat down and enjoyed some fresh out of the oven chocolate chip muffins prepared by their nicely rested mother. Instead of a bowl of cold cereal or poptart. They played and laughed and talked all morning. Then they got their clothes on, hair combed, and teeth brushed without whining. They even helped packed their lunches.

Now I know their is rules about needing the children in school for a certain amount of time a day. And I defiantly don't want them to have to stay at school later. But it makes it so nice when they are able to sleep later than 6:20 and don't have to be on the bus at 6:50. That's just a little early and I do not believe in driving my kids to school when we have a school bus that comes to get them. Okay I know this will never happen. But it sure would be nice. I guess there wouldn't be enough hours in the day to cram all that education that they are supposed to learn into.

Maybe we could have a two hour delay at least once a week....say every Monday. I think we would have happier kids which in turn would lead to happier teachers and mommies. Thanks for listening.

Sincerly,

One well rested and happy mommy, even on Monday morning!!!!

P.S. I do value my kids education and want them to grow up to be very smart adults! But I like happy kids too!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails