Friday, April 18, 2008

Getting ready for gardening!

Today was absolutely beautiful. It was nearly 80 degrees. Wow at the beginning of the week it was only 40. I love spring. I mowed our yard for the first time yesterday and we tilled the garden today. We picked up rocks for about an hour, but then gave up because it was too hot.

I will start planting the garden soon. I can't wait for all the wonderful veggies to come in again and to start canning and freezing things. I want a bigger garden than last years, because we need to put away as much as we can to save money.

I went to the grocery store this morning and got really dissappointed in myself. I spent $120.00 in one store. I did save $40 with coupons and sales, but I was really upset with myself. I had been doing really well until this week. I hadn't prepared well enough before going and I went at a busy part of day with my four year old (crazy). I am really trying to do better to save our family money.

On a lighter note I won a free book from a blogger giveaway. I won a family management book from six in the country. I'm really excited this looks like a great book. I can't wait to recieve it. By the way sixinthecountry.blogspot.com is a great blog, be sure to check it out if you haven't already.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails