Tuesday, April 29, 2008

School Lunch! (yummy)

Today I had lunch at school with Colton. It was for Mothers day and tomorrow the fathers come for Fathers Day. It was nice to get to eat with him without Emma, she was in preschool. He really enjoyed having me there.



I can totally understand why my child comes home starving half to death everyday now. He barely ate anything. I can't really blame him though, I kind of forgot how bad school food is. Well when we were in school I'm pretty sure that the food was better than it is now. We had hot dogs and chili, the buns were hard as a rock and cole slaw that tasted like it had been made for a week and sat out all day and cold baked beans and fruit, cookie and a roll.



Colton ate half of his hot dog, a roll and his cookie. I have tried packing his lunch in the past, but ran out of ideas on what to pack (and he's very picky), but now I'm seriously thinking about packing it next year, not only for better food but for the price. I will have two eating lunch and that will be $3.00 a day. That doesn't sound like that much, but it does add up.



On the website hillbillyhousewife.com, she has lots of lunch ideas, I will have to check them out again. If anyone else has any ideas for school lunches, let me know I would love to hear them. I also get to eat lunch at school on Friday too. Emma gets to go eat with the kindergarteners and ride the school bus. How lucky school lunch again:)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails