Friday, April 11, 2008

My babies not a baby anymore:(


I can't believe the time has come. That time is my baby will be starting school soon. We had kindergarten registration last night:(

Oh I have known since she was born that she would be going to school one day and she has been in preschool for two years. But it is so sad to think that both of my kids are growing up so fast. I didn't think it would be as hard to send the second one to school as the first, but I think it's going to be worse. I still have four months until the big day and I'm going to try to make the most of it.

Emma loves to watch home videos and we watched videos of when she was a baby this week. I defiantly shouldn't have watched them on the day she is getting registered for kindergarten. It's so sad, she wasn't a baby long enough. Of course when she was a baby, I didn't enjoy my time with her like I should have, because she was very unhappy all the time. She cried alot. But now she has gotten to be a lot sweeter and funnier, and helpful. She loves to help me cook and clean and she is very prissy, always fixing her hair and wanting makeup, and dancing and singing constantly.

It's really sad to know that my kids are getting older. My husband said wouldn't it be great to go back and hold them and play with them when they are babies for a day or two, but then go back to the age they are now. That would be great, but that's not possible.

Of course the upside is they sleep through the night (most of the time), they use the bathroom without accidents (most of the time), and they can feed theirselves (again, most of the time).

She is so excited about school, so I need to be too. I just need to remember to enjoy my kids at each and every stage they are in, even when it is very difficult. I'm sure after having both kids at home every day this summer, I will be ready for both of them to be in school.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YOU WON! Come see me!

ladybuffs42 said...

Oh leslie this is so sad little Emma is growing up! Colton is already in school now thoughs teachers are gonna have another little terror on their case!!

-Ladybuffs42

Related Posts with Thumbnails