Tuesday, February 5, 2008

first post

This blog stuff is all very new to me. I love checking out other peoples blogs, but wasn't too sure of starting my own. My mom and sister finally convinced me. I just got my computer for christmas from my sweet hubby. If he would have known how much I stay on it, he probably wouldn't have gotten it for me. We finally got high speed last week, its sooooo much better than dial up.


Well I'm on a mission this new year (as you can tell from the name). I'm on a mission to get thrifty. I have stayed at home for four years, since Emma was born and the deal was I would stay at home until she went to school. Well she will be starting school in August (so sad) and I really don't want to go back into the work force. My family is my life and I don't want a job to take away from that. So I have decided with the rising cost of everything, especially gas, that we have to make some changes. I have started by trying to spend less in the grocery store. Thats very hard, but I'm learning some new ways. I was in the mind set that to feed a family of four that I had to spend $120.00 to $150.00 a week on groceries. Thats a lot of money and we still would eat out at least one day a week. Now I'm trying to spend less than $100.00 every week and so far so good. I also have been making my own laundry detergent for the last few months and using natural household cleaners, such as baking soda and vinegar. I hope that I can be successful at becoming thrifty at least to help our family out some, so my DH doesn't have to work so much.
I think I'm going to like this blog stuff. For now I have to go fix some supper for my family.

1 comment:

Fonville Farm said...

I'm so excited for you! Welcome to the world of blogging. Be warned, it is addictive.
Love you,
Robin

Related Posts with Thumbnails