Friday, March 20, 2009

Is the economy really that bad?

So have you all heard that the economy is really bad. I think they are saying we are in a recession headed for a depression. I have thought this was true because I watch the news every day and the only thing they talk about is how horrible the economy is. I know that a lot of people have lost their jobs and their is a lot businesses shutting down because of the economy and people are losing their homes and stuff.

But let me just say I went shopping on Saturday, which is very unusual for me to go shopping for clothes. We have family pictures this week and we all needed new outfits for it, so I spent the day shopping. I think someone forgot to tell the crowds at Old Navy, Ross, Target and the mall that our country is about to fall apart and go in a deep depression. It was like Christmas shopping. I had to circle the parking lot looking for a parking space and then stand in line for fifteen minutes to checkout after I fought the crowds to find what I was looking for. Not only were the stores packed but the restaurants were too. I was completely surprised, I guess I don't get out much.

I'm not trying to down play the economic situation, but what I am saying is if you were to cut off the t.v., quit reading the newspaper and Internet, then I don't think you would have any idea there was a recession going on unless you were personally affected by it. I have decided to stop listening to that junk, that's what the news is now, and just focus on my own economic situation and not worry about everything else. Because I think the news is trying to scare everyone. So if you think the economy is bad just head out to the local shopping center and see how bad everything is!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails