Sunday, March 1, 2009

MARCH...IN LIKE A LION...

Well today is the first day of March and we awoke to ice and some snow. It's not very much yet. But they are calling for 2-4 inches of snow tonight. So we could have no snow or lots of snow, you never really know. Back in 1993 (I think that was the year) we had a huge blizzard in March. It was probably two feet of snow or more. We were snowed in at some friends house for a week, because we didn't have wood heat and the power was out. I remember it being really fun. But I don't care to have that much snow again. Everything stopped at that point in time. No one could go to work or do anything for several days.

I hope this is the last of the bad weather. I am so ready for Spring. I know it's just around the corner, but I'm getting very impatient. I can't wait to start gardening again. We are planning a larger garden this year and I'm going to plant more variety of things. I really want to can alot, hopefully enough to carry us through out next winter.

Hubby has finally agreed that I can get chickens:) I'm so excited!! But we have to build the chicken coop and he works a lot of hours, so I'm not exactly sure when it will get done. I told him that I wanted to use some of our tax return towards it. We are getting back quite a bit and we are using half to pay off some bills and the rest we are splitting to get whatever we want. He is getting a reload press to make his own ammo. (I'm really thrilled) but that's what he wants, and he doesn't give up til he gets what he wants. Thats how he got me!!!

Anyway I think I will use mine for the chicken coop materials and any thats leftover towards primitive decor for my house. I'm getting so excited about decorating, now that I got my cabinet finished. I still haven't got it decorated with the stuff I want yet but it looks so good and really does look like its a hundred years old. That was the look I was going for so I'm excited. Well I guess I better get off the computer so I can wash my blue willow and get them put out...YAY!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OK Honey you were really young when the blizzards hit here. March of 1993 brought 36" and March of 1995 we had 27". The first one we were snowed in at Dreama's eating all her great home homecooking and then the second one Robin and I quilted our log cabin quilt by hand and it took us all week. We didn't care cause we couldn't leave the house anyway.

Do you remember that Jason would bring her and Morgan down thru the field in his big truck each morning and come back and get her each night. He had the only big four wheel drive trucks around here at that time. Boy we sure have changed our way of thinking since those times. We have 3 4X4's and you guys 2 of them!!! What am I thinking I really like snow days now!!!

Hope the kiddos have fun in this!!

Leslie said...

I knew it was a lot of snow but couldn't remember how much. I remember all the good food though. I had totally forgot about the one in '95. I'm glad that we have 4x4's now, at least we can get out if we have too. I wouldn't mind getting snowed in for a few days again if we had enough food and we didn't need to hubs to make money.

Related Posts with Thumbnails